April 18, 2023 | 7:00 p.m. | Alberta Rose Theatre
3000 NE Alberta St., Portland OR 97211
Join us for an onstage conversation on creating connection across political divides with Mónica Guzmán, author of I Never Thought of It That Way: How to Have Fearlessly Curious Conversations in Dangerously Divided Times. Guzmán is a bridge builder, journalist, and author who works to get people to talk across thier perceived divides.
This program is part of Oregon Humanities’ 2023 Consider This series on people, place, and power.
How to Participate
You can join this event either in person or online.
The event will take place in-person at the Alberta Rose Theatre, 3000 NE Alberta St., in Portland. Doors will open at 6:00 p.m, and the event will begin at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased here.
A limited number of free tickets are also available for this event. To request free tickets, please use this form.
The conversation will also be broadcast live, for free, on YouTube.
If you need accomodations to participate in this event, please contact Ben Waterhouse at email@example.com by April 10.
About the venue
- Mobility access: The Alberta Rose Theatre is a wheelchair-accessible venue. Anyone who uses a wheelchair or other mobility device can reserve an accessible seat at the venue by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event. Accessible bathrooms are to the right of the theater entrance.
- Parking: Free parking is available in the neighborhood around the theater. Parking spaces often fill up quickly. There is one disabled person parking space less than one block away on NE 30th Ave., in front of Emmanuel Church of God in Christ United, but the space does not have a curb cut or ramp. The closest disabled person parking space with curb cuts is four blocks west, at the southwest coner of Northeast 26th Avenue and Northeast Alberta Street. A map of disabled person parking spaces is available from the Portland Bureau of Transportation.
- Public transit: The TriMet Line 72 bus stops in front of the theater. Lines 70 and 17 have stops within four blocks of the venue.
- Food and drink: Beverages and limited food are available for purchase and may be consumed anywhere in the theater during the event. Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Lighting: The venue has appropriate overhead lighting before and after the conversation. During the conversation, lights are dimmed with staged lighting facing the stage. Lights in the lobby/bar remain on during the program. The auditorium does not have floor lighting in the aisles.
- Sound: There will be music at a moderate volume before and after the event.
- Read more about the Alberta Rose Theatre.
$15; free tickets available
Ben Waterhouse, email@example.com