Oregon Humanities' facilitation training prepares people to plan and facilitate conversations about vital issues and questions across differences, beliefs, and backgrounds. These conversations help build strong relationships within organizations and among communities.
Reflective conversations get people talking with each other about a question or topic that people may think about differently depending on their personal beliefs and experiences. This training will provide you with tools to plan and facilitate these conversations both at work and within the broader community.
During the training you will
- learn about facilitation and reflective conversation.
- have an opportunity to practice new skills and techniques.
- reflect on and share your own beliefs and assumptions and listen to beliefs, backgrounds, and experiences different than your own.
- participate in conversations and debriefs that analyze facilitation tools and choices.
You will leave feeling more confident and equipped to
- observe and respond to group dynamics.
- design and facilitate a conversation that allows people and groups to learn more deeply about themselves and each other.
- use our framework and tools to facilitate a reflective conversation at your workplace or in your community work.
- Virtual: $449
All of our trainings are pay-what-you-are-able. On the registration form you will have the opportunity to let us know what you can pay for the training; your answer does not affect your registration. By paying the full amount, you cover the cost of your participation and allow us to offer the option for individuals and organizations with fewer resources to pay what they are able. Payment by credit card or eCheck is due at the time of registration.
Virtual Training - $449
Virtual trainings are limited to the first eighteen people to sign up. Please note that these trainings will take place on Zoom, and we will ask you to turn your video on and keep it on as much as possible during the training. There will be plenty of screen breaks during the first two training days, and a lunch break off screen for at least an hour on both days. Each training will take place over three days at the following dates and times (Pacific):
October Training. Register Here.
Thursday, October 21, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 22, 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Friday, October 29, 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Oregon Humanities Facilitation Training is made possible in part thanks to the support of the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Oregon Community Foundation.
No comments yet.